One of the chief jobs an auntie has is to make sure that the new mama, my sister, is getting the nourishment, rest, and TLC that she needs. Of course, I want to do that for baby and father too, but a new mama has a lot to adjust to after giving birth and meeting her new little one. There is no better way to make sure mama gets a little extra lovin' when she comes home than with a gift basket of goodies meant to help her heal and pamper herself. Of course, I'll be cooking some meals too so father and mother can focus on the baby, but a basket of treats help too!
For mother's day, the family put together a gift basket with all these treats to help her with her pregnancy. It occurs to me now, however, that it would not be a bad idea give her these treats now that she is home with the baby!
1. Sexy Tiger Mama Stretch Mark Cream (for giving her belly a little extra love once the baby is in this world)
2. Honey Eucalyptus Foot Soak (for mama to help soothe her mind, feet, and body; also helps reduce swelling after labor)
3. Mama Love Pregnancy Tea (also good for making sure new mama get her nutrients)
4. Women's Soothing Mint Tea (another way for mama to replenish her nutrients)
5. Weekend Head Start Bubble Bath (a great way to replenish new mama's magnesium levels and get rid of unnecessary toxins)
It is important to honor not just the baby for this big event, but all the work mama did to bring her little one into the world--this basket fits the bill!
Enchantment Learning & Living is an inspirational collection of musings touching on life’s simple pleasures, everyday enchantments, and delectable recipes that will guarantee to stir the kitchen witch in you. If you enjoyed what you just read and believe that true magic is in the everyday, subscribe here.